Political attitutes towards MGM
Political attitudes toward MGM vary from nation to nation.
While FGM is outlawed in almost every country, most countries still ignore, tolerate or accept MGM on minors. This is a classical bias situation. Furthermore, every country worldwide punishes bodily harm. MGM on minors without any medical indication is bodily harm by definition.
Work in progress: The following information does not claim to be complete. More content will be added gradually.
This page tries to collect political attitutes and points of view on this topic. To begin with, we're collecting statements of political parties here.
- 2020: The Dansk Folkeparti (Danish People's Party) voted with great majority for a a ban on non-therapeutic circumcision of boys.
Alliance 90/The Greens
- 2014: The "Bundesarbeitsgemeinschaft Säkulare Grüne" (Nationwide Working Community of Secular Greens) votes against male circumcision on minors without medical indication, in their "Statement on medically indicated genital circumcision of boys".
- 2017: Voted to ban the ritual circumcision of boys under the age of 16.
- 2017: Voted to ban hijabs in public schools.
- 2019: The Center Meeting of the Centre Party has decided that the Centre Party should work to forbid the non-therapeutic circumcision of boys in Sweden. 
- Wikipedia article: Circumcision and law. Retrieved 2 April 2020.
- Revesz, Rachael (8 May 2017).
Norwegian ruling party votes to ban circumcision for men under 16 years old, Independent. Retrieved 2 April 2020.
- (28 September 2019).
Centern vill förbjuda omskärelse på pojkar[The center wants to prohibit circumcision on boys] (Swedish), Aftonbladed. Retrieved 29 September 2019.
- Dolsten, Josefin (3 October 2019).
A Swedish political party says it will fight to ban circumcision, israelnationalnews.com. Retrieved 2 April 2020.