Difference between revisions of "Valiere Alcena"
m (add interlanguage link)
|Line 84:||Line 84:|
Revision as of 21:50, 26 March 2020
Valiere Alcena, M.D., P.C., M.A.C.P. is a practicing physician, medical scholar, medical educator, author, TV producer and host. He has published several books and made several discoveries. In August 1986, Dr. Valiere Alcena, M.D., M.A.C.P. was the first physician in the world and is credited as the physician who originated the idea that male circumcision would decrease the incidence of HIV/AIDS. He repeated this idea in two books that were published in 1992, "The Status of Health of Blacks in the United States of Anrerica: A Perspective for Improvement" and "The African American Health Book" and again in "AIDS: The Expanding Epidemic: What the Public Needs to Know: A Multi-Cultural Overview" published in 1994.
AIDS in third world countries
“ It is my opinion that because the maof men from Central Africa and Haiti are not circumcised, they constantly develop balanitis as a result of the heat and other problems, leading to breakage oi the skin. This leads to chronic infections such as phimosis and paraphimosis. ln this setting, there is frequent mini-ulceration of the foreskin of the penis. This represents an easy portal of entry for the virus during coitus with, let us say, an infected prostitute. Another possibility arises because the women in that part of the world do not shave the pubis. Thus there is the possibility of mini-lacerations occurring during coitus as the foreskin comes into contact with pubic hair. This is another possible portal of entry for the virus. This, to me, seems a more plausible explanation for female-to-male transmission in Central Africa and Haiti. ”
– Valiere Alcena 
- Bias -- Learn about pro-circumcision bias.
- Religion and Culture -- Learn how religion and culture effects ones views on circumcision.
- Aaron J. Fink -- Aaron Fink
- Edgar J. Schoen -- Veteran pro-circumcision advocate.
- Thomas E. Wiswell -- Veteran pro-circumcision advocate.
- Alcena, Valiere (October 2006): AIDS in Third World Countries, in: PLoS Medicine: [online], DOI.
- Alcena, Valiere (March 2007): Letter to Infectious Disease News, in: Infectious Disease News: [online].
- Glick, Leonard (2005):
, in: Marked in Your Flesh. p. 206. New York, New York: Oxford University Press. Quote:
This Little Operation, Jewish American Physicians and Twentieth-Century Circumcision Advocacy
What if circumcision protected against infection with HIV.... ISBN 0-19-517674-X. Retrieved 19 February 2011.
- Weiss, Helen A. / Maria A. Quigley / Richard J. Hayes (October 2000): Male circumcision and risk of HIV infection in sub-Saharan Africa: a systematic review and meta-analysis, in: AIDS. 14 (15): 2361-2370, PMID, DOI.
- AIDS IN THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES by Valiere Alcena, August 1986