International Coalition of Genital Integrity
The International Coalition of Genital Integrity (ICGI) was an alliance of organizations dedicated to protecting the normal anatomy of males, females and the intersexed, and supporter of the Genital Integrity Resolution. ICGI was formed to coalesce the many activist organizations, each with a specific focus, into one, common voice. Added to them are organizations and companies who also agree that every human has a right to a whole and intact body. Organizational members include healthcare professionals, psychologists, researchers, attorneys, journalists, ethicists, academicians, and citizen activists dedicated to ending unnecessary genital cutting.
ICGI was a member of CRIN, Child Rights Information Network. ICGI was funded by donations from volunteers and private sources. The did not charge for membership.
Dan Bollinger was the director.
- Provide a unified voice to the various, specifically missioned genital integrity groups throughout the world.
- Invite philosophically compatible, but unaffiliated organizations, to join with them in protecting non-consenting humans from forced genital mutilations.
- Create and disseminate educational information and teaching/learning opportunities for raising consciousness about the forced genital mutilations of minors or others through collective press releases, symposia, letter writing campaigns, tv, radio, Internet programs etc.
- Pursue vigorously, through their legal representatives and the courts, human rights violations involving genital mutilation.
As of January 2021, the former website has been reactivated and currently fills with new contents.
- Official website. Retrieved 24 May 2021.
- (25 July 2017).
Former ICGI website content(archive URL). Retrieved 24 May 2021.
- (25 July 2017).
ICGI: About(archive URL). Retrieved 24 May 2021.