Prince Hillary Maloba
Prince Hillary Maloba Sebe (born 25 December 1974 in Buguri, Uganda) derives from a forgotten royal family that is scattered across western Kenya and eastern Uganda. His ancestor kings ruled from Naivasha, Kenya to Jinja, Uganda in the 18th Century. He lives in Kampala, Uganda, and is the project director of the VMMC Experience Project.
During the MOGiS Press Conference on May 4th, 2017 in Berlin, Germany, he explained the mission of the VMMC Experience Project to the world. He also spoke at the WWDOGA 2017 in Cologne, Germany.
In 2020 he spoke in a video message at the WWDOGA:
|“||I am Prince Maloba. I present the VMMC Experience Project that fights for the rights of children not to get forced circumcision here in Kenya and in Uganda.
We join others to celebrate the Worldwide Day of Genital Autonomy.We, here in Uganda and Kenya, have empowered many, many parents to resist the lies of child circumcision because circumcision cannot prevent HIV, because thousands of people live with HIV, thousands have died, and thousands actually are on ARVs and yet all of them were circumcised. So we are saying circumcision has no value and children's rights should be respected and protected because circumcision cannot prevent HIV.
– Prince Hillary Maloba (WWDOGA 2020)
- Facebook profile. Retrieved 16 September 2019.
- WWDOGA 2017 speech
- Information page about him on the VMMC Experience Project website
- Todorovic, Dragana (11 May 2017)."Who's For and Who's Against Circumcision for HIV Prevention", Newswire. Retrieved 5 September 2020.
- (4 May 2017)."Beschneidungskampagne der WHO in Afrika unter massiver Kritik", aerzteblatt.de, Ärzteblatt. Retrieved 5 September 2020.
WWDOGA 200 - Prince Maloba, YouTube, MOGiS e.V.. Retrieved 13 May 2020.