Daniel H. Bollinger, III (born 10 March 1951 in Plymouth, IN), intactivist, has been involved in Intactivism since 1995. He serves on Intact America’s board of directors as vice chair, and was a member if its founding committee. He was instrumental in the creation of Intact America's Tipping Point Strategy.
He was the Director of the International Coalition for Genital Integrity (ICGI), which is now defunct.
Bollinger's involvement in intactivism grew out his commitment to equal rights; he fought to help pass the Equal Rights Amendment in Indiana when he was in college. "Circumcision was an issue I could relate to—not only because I was circumcised, but because of the equal rights aspect. For most of my life I’ve been troubled by night terrors that I later became convinced were an early recollection of my circumcision at age three-days."
Award for intactivism
Bollinger was chosen "Intactivist of the Month" by Intact America.
Bollinger (2010) estimated the circumcision-related mortality rate of 0.9/100,000 circumcisions (more than 100 deaths) per year in the United States.
- Bollinger D, Boy's Health Advisory. Lost Boys: An Estimate of U.S. Circumcision-Related Infant Deaths. Thymos: Journal of Boyhood Studies. 26 April 2010; 4(1): 78–90. DOI. Retrieved 14 October 2021.
- Bollinger is the author of many articles and papers, which are available at Research Gate.
- Bollinger D. The Penis-Care Information Gap: Preventing Improper Care of Intact Boys . Thymos The Journal of Boyhood Studies. 2007 (fall); 1(2): 205-19. Retrieved 25 May 2023.
- Bollinger D, Van Howe RS. Alexithymia and Circumcision Trauma: A Preliminary Investigation . International Journal of Men’s Health. 2011; 10(2): 184-95. DOI. Retrieved 3 January 2021.
- Bollinger, Dan / Georganne Chapin: Child genital cutting as an adverse childhood experience , Intact America (Tarrytown). (August 2019). Retrieved 2 April 2021.
- Bollinger D. Adverse Childhood Experiences, Dysfunctional Households, and Circumcision . preprint. 2022; Retrieved 1 January 2022.
- Bollinger D. Adverse Childhood Experiences, Dysfunctional Households, and Circumcision.. Kindred. 28 February 2023; Retrieved 1 March 2023.
- Circumcision Decision Maker
- Dan Bollinger at Intact America
- Facebook profile. Retrieved 17 November 2019.
- Research Gate articles and papers
- Montgomery, Sam (3 December 2021)."Controversy over circumcision persists", The Exponent. Retrieved 5 December 2021.
Bollinger said his hope is to bring the issue of circumcision to a “tipping point,” after which it will no longer be a societal norm.