Edward Wallerstein was a lifelong resident of New York City, champion of progressive social causes, a founding member of the American Labor Party, an inventor, researcher, author of Circumcision: An American Health Fallacy, and an outspoken advocate for the abolition of routine non-therapeutic neonatal circumcision.
- Wallerstein E (1980): Circumcision: An American Health Fallacy. Edition: Springer Series: Focus on Men. Vol. 1. Springer Pub Co. ISBN 978-0826132413.
- Wallerstein, Edward: When Your Baby Boy is Not Circumcised (Four-page pamphlet), Pennypress (Seattle). (February 1982). Retrieved 14 May 2021.
- Wallerstein E. Circumcision: The Uniquely American Medical Enigma. Urol Clin North Am. February 1985; 12(1): 123-32. PMID. Retrieved 13 November 2019.
- Wallerstein E. Is Nonreligious Circumcision Necessary?. J Am Acad Child Psychiatry. May 1985; 24(3): 364-5. PMID. Retrieved 6 December 2019.
- Wallerstein, Edward: The Circumcision Decision (Four-page pamphlet), International Childbirth Education Association. (1990). Retrieved 24 May 2021.