Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
This article is work in progress and not yet part of the free encyclopedia IntactiWiki.
Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, (born 3 March 1965 in Asmara, Eritrea (formerly Ethiopia)), is an Ethiopian public health official who has been the Director-General of the World Health Organization (WHO) since 2017.
In 1986, he received a Bachelor of Science degree in biology from the University of Asmara. In 1986, after his first degree, he joined the Ethiopian Ministry of Health as a junior public health expert.
Public health work
Tedros sought additional education. He attended the University of Nottingham where in 2000 he was awarded the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in public health. He then returned to Ethiopia. In 2001, Tedros was appointed head of the Tigray Region Health Bureau. In 2003, he was elevated to Deputy Minister for Health. Then in 2005 he was appointed to be Minister for Health. He was then selected to be Minister for Foreign Affairs.
Director-General of the World Health Organization
Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation contributes very large sums of money to the WHO. These large sums of money allow Bill Gates to have effective control over the WHO where he reportedly is treated as a "head-of-state."
Polio vaccine scandal
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation funded the Global Polio Eradication Initiative (GPEI). Oral polio vaccine with live polio virus was supplied by the World Health Organization, which can cause infection with polio virus. Outbreaks of polio have been reported in Afghanistan, Chad, Ethiopia, Iran, Pakistan and Sudan.
It is not clear if Bill Gates's influence caused the WHO to adopt a vaccine with live virus in it.
The WHO has maintained a difficult, erroneous, and unsatisfactory position on male circumcision (MC) to prevent female to male HIV infection at least since 2007. The Lancet published reports of two African RCTs in February 2007 and the WHO immediately convened a conference at Montreux, Switzerland on 6–8 March 2007 to consider the reports. In a rush to judgment, the meeting prepared detailed recommendations for the adoption of male circumcision as prophylaxis against HIV infection. The recommendations became official policy on 28 March 2007. There now is strong evidence that the RCTs are deeply flawed, erroneous, and perhaps even fraudulent.
The WHO has promoted male circumcision, mainly in Africa for 14 years, during which time tens of millions of African males have suffered circumcision, a form of male genital mutilation.
This circumcision policy originated before Tedros became Director-General, however he has now had nearly five years to change it, but has not done so. It may be because of the very large contributions from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the fear of offending Bill Gates, which are both advocates of circumcision.
It may also be due to the influence of David R. Tomlinson who has invented several circumcision devices, including the AccuCirc which he merchandises. Tomlinson is the WHO adviser on circumcision, so he is unlikely to recommend against circumcision due to his apparent conflict-of interest.
Tedros is married to Kidist. They have five children.
- Wikipedia article: Tedros Adhanom. Retrieved 25 November 2021.
WHO Director-General. Retrieved 25 November 2021.
Curriculum Vitae: Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO. Retrieved 25 November 2021.
Ministerial Leadership Initiative for Global Health. Retrieved 26 November 2021.
- (19 June 2013).
Transforming health care in Ethiopia, Boston Consulting Group. Retrieved 26 November 2021.
Biography, World Health Organization. Retrieved 27 November 2021.
- McPhillips, Deidre (29 May 2020)."Gates Foundation Donations to WHO Nearly Match Those From U.S. Government", U.S. News and World Report. Retrieved 27 November 2021.
- Harris, Niamh (20 April 2020)."Gates Foundation Is World Health Organization’s Second Largest Donor", News Punch. Retrieved 27 November 2021.
Polio, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Retrieved 28 November 2021.
- Durden, Tyler (4 September 2020)."UN Forced To Admit Gates-Funded Vaccine Is Causing Polio Outbreak In Africa", ZeroHedge. Retrieved 6 September 2020. "While international organisations like the World Health Organization (WHO) will regular boast about supposedly ‘eradicating polio’ with vaccines, the opposite seems to be the case. Their decades-long campaign to eradicate polio is now killing scores of innocent young people living in poor countries."
Polio and the Introduction of IPV. Retrieved 28 November 2021.
- Dowsett, Gary W., Couch, Murray. Male circumcision and HIV prevention: is there really enough of the right kind of evidence?. Reprod Health Matters. May 2007; 15(29): 33-44. PMID.
- See HIV
- (15 April 2020).
WHO Dr. Tedros Adhanom’s Wife Kidist, Daily Entertainer. Retrieved 27 November 2021.