David J. Llewellyn
David J. Llewellyn, BA[a 1], J.D.[a 2], is a trial attorney and civil mediator, whose practice emphasizes cases involving medical malpractice, particularly in the areas of genital injury, circumcision damage, and wrongful circumcision, as well as other cases of negligence resulting in personal injury, and cases involving personal and business torts and contract disputes. He was born in Salem, Massachusetts in 1950, attended elementary school in South Carolina and junior high and high school in Pennsylvania, and thereafter matriculated to the University of Virginia, taking a BA[a 1] With Distinction in History in 1972. From 1972 to 1976 he served in the U. S. Navy as a sea-going officer, attaining the rank of Lieutenant. Following the Navy he attended the University of Virginia School of Law, taking a J.D.[a 2] in 1979. He is admitted to the bars of the Superior Courts of Georgia, the Georgia Court of Appeals and Supreme Court, the U. S. District Courts for the Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia, the U. S. Courts of Appeals for the Second, Fifth, and Eleventh Circuits, and the U. S. Supreme Court.
David Llewellyn is a trial lawyer in Atlanta, Georgia, who concentrates his practice in genital injury litigation. Graduating in 1979 from the University of Virginia School of Law, Mr. Llewellyn first worked in general civil litigation. In 1988 he opened his own law practice; and in 1995 he tried his first genital injury case, one for wrongful circumcision, in Montgomery, Alabama. He has handled or assisted in over 20 wrongful circumcision cases, over 44 negligently performed circumcision cases, and 4 forced retraction of infant foreskin cases. He has appeared pro hoc vice in state or federal court in at least 23 states. Mr. Llewellyn has presented at several of the International Symposia on Genital Autonomy, including those in Oxford, England (1998), [[Seventh International Symposium|Washington, DC (2002)]], Padua, Italy (2004), [[Ninth International Symposium|Seattle, WA (2006)]], Berkeley, CA (2010), Boulder, CO (2014), and San Francisco, CA (2018). His website is TheCircumcisionLawyer.com.
David Llewellyn is member of the Advisory Board of Your Whole Baby.
- David J. Llewellyn: "Circumcision - Your Legal Rights". YouTube, 28 August 2014.
Commentaries by David Llewellyn
- Llewellyn DJ. Legal Remedies for Penile Torts. The Compleat Mother. 1995; 40 (Winter): 16. Retrieved 29 October 2019.
- Llewellyn DJ (2004):
Penile torts in the courts, in: Flesh and Blood: Perspective on the Problem of Circumcision in Contemporary Society. George C. Denniston, Frederick M. Hodges, Marilyn Fayre Milos (eds.). Springer-Verlag. Pp. 69-79. Retrieved 29 October 2019.
- Llewellyn DJ. ABC, not circumcision, gives best defence against HIV. New Vision (Kampala, Uganda). 5 November 2007; Retrieved 29 October 2019.
- Chester-Taxin S. The Penis Page. Penthouse. 1 November 2001; : 120. Retrieved 29 October 2019.
- Liptak, Adam (23 January 2003)."Circumcision Opponents Use the Legal System and Legislatures", The New York Times. Retrieved 29 October 2019.
- (17 April 2003)."More Parents Questioning Routine Infant Circumcision", The Salt Lake Tribune. Retrieved 29 October 2019.
- Peres, Judy (13 June 2006)."Doctors differ on circumcision need", Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 29 October 2019.
- Patterson, Steve (15 June 2006)."Mom: Dad showed son photos of circumcision", Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved 29 October 2019.
- Bollinger, Dan (29 March 2009).
Atlanta attorneys celebrate botched circumcision verdict for mother and son, ICGI, International Coalition for Genital Integrity. Retrieved 29 October 2019.
- Tigami T. Atlanta lawyer wins $11 million lawsuit for family in botched circumcision. Atlanta Journal Constitution. 10 July 2010; Retrieved 29 October 2019.
- Hansen, Mark (30 July 2010).
Atlanta lawyer Is the go-to guy for botched circumcision cases, American Bar Association, ABA Journal. Retrieved 29 October 2019.
- Tucker, Katheryn (29 July 2010).
Atlanta lawyer takes on botched circumcision claims nationwide, law.com. Retrieved 29 October 2019.
- Llewellyn, David J. (18 January 2018)."Infant and Parents Sue Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, Inc. for Alleged Forced Retraction of Foreskin", PRWEB. Retrieved 29 October 2019.
Your Whole Baby - Advisory Board. Retrieved 29 October 2019.