George C. Denniston
George C. Denniston, MD, MPH, is the founder and President of Doctors Opposing Circumcision (D.O.C.). He is a graduate of Princeton University, the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, and the Harvard School of Public Health. He is a former Associate Medical Director of the Planned Parenthood Federation of America, and a retired professor in the Department of Family Medicine at the University of Washington. Dr. Denniston founded D.O.C. in 1995 to eradicate the unethical and unnecessary practice of partial penile amputation of children (circumcision), not only because of the harm that it has done to millions of American boys and men, but also because it has damaged the reputation of the medical profession.
- Denniston, George C. (May 1991).
Functions of the foreskin., Genital Autonomy America. Retrieved 20 December 2019.
- Denniston GC. Unnecessary circumcision. The Female Patient. July 1992; 17: 13-4. Retrieved 28 September 2019.
- Denniston GC. Circumcision and the code of ethics.. Hum Health Care Int. 1996; 12(2): 76-80. PMID. Retrieved 28 September 2019.
- Denniston GC, Hill G. Lifelong premature ejaculation: from authority‐based to evidence‐based medicine. BJU Int. 27 May 2004; 93(9): 1360. PMID. DOI. Retrieved 28 September 2019.
- Denniston GC, Hill G. Gairdner was wrong.. Can Fam Physician. October 2010; 56(10): 986-7. PMID. PMC. Retrieved 28 September 2019.
- Denniston, George C.: World Health Organization, HIV, and male circumcision, Doctors Opposing Circumcision. (29 June 2020). Retrieved 2 September 2020.
- Facebook profile. Retrieved 18 September 2019.