This compendium deals with one of the most widespread surgical operations in the world – circumcision, the removal of the male foreskin. It came into being in close cooperation with the working group of men affected by circumcision within MOGiS e.V. and the websites Beschneidung-von-jungen.de and Beschneidungsforum.de, whom I wish to thank for their support.
The compendium covers all relevant topics regarding the surgery:
- Anatomy and development of the male genital organ
- Medical and non-medical reasons
- Styles, techniques and instruments
- Complications, risks and late effects
- Methods and equipment for foreskin restoration
- The historical background
- A view on rights and ethics
- Case histories of circumcised men
This document is published under a CreativeCommons license and may be freely distributed, in electronic and printed form. This includes making it available for download. Distribution of this document is explicitly encouraged.
In order to avoid access on outdated versions of the Circumpendium, here is the original source link: