Dr. Adrienne Carmack, MD, is a board-certified urologist and mother of three children, none of whom are circumcised. She is the author of "Reclaiming My Birth Rights: A Mother’s Wisdom Triumphs Over the Harmful Practices of Her Medical Profession" and The Good Mommy's Guide to her Little Boy's Penis.
Dr. Carmack is member of the Advisory Board of Your Whole Baby.
|“||When I first saw the intactivist message, I laughed. But, when I did my research as a counseling MD, I realized they were right.|
– Adrienne Carmack, American urologist (Intact Asheville)
Dr. Carmack has been studying urology since 2003. She went into urology because she loved the mix of emergency and long-term care. Some patients need a quick fix, and some need long-term help exploring their illness and finding the best treatment. Urology is a fun and rewarding specialty that offers great potential to help others!
Unfortunately, Dr. Carmack has also witnessed the harm that often comes from medical interventions. In her training, repairing complications from newborn circumcision, a completely unnecessary surgery, was a frequent task that had to be performed.
Dr. Carmack was an outstanding speaker at the 2014 Genital Autonomy Symposium in Boulder, Colorado.
- Reclaiming My Birthrights: A Mother's Wisdom Triumphs Over the Harmful Practices of Her Medical Profession
- The Good Mommy's Guide to her Little Boy's Penis
- Should I circumcise my son?, a free downloadable book in pdf format.
- With Brian Earp, she co-authored the article Should surgery for hypospadias be performed before an age of consent?, published in the Journal of Sex Research.
- 064: The Facts & Myths about Circumcision | Dr. Adrienne Carmack, Urologist
Board of Directors and Advisors, D.O.C.. Retrieved 18 September 2019.
- (1 September 2018).
Intact Asheville, GlobalNPO. Retrieved 22 November 2019.