Genital Autonomy America
Genital Autonomy America (short forms: GA America, GAA) was named NOCIRC - National Organization of Circumcision Resource Centers (USA) until January 2016. GA America is an educational non-profit organization based in California. It is committed to securing the birthright of male, female, and intersex children and babies to keep their sex organs intact.
GA America supports the WWDOGA.
GA America was founded as NOCIRC by Marilyn Milos in 1985.
"In 1989, NOCIRC sponsored the First International Symposium on Circumcision (ISC), which was held in Anaheim, California."
"In its first decade, NOCIRC grew into an international network and now has more than 110 centers worldwide."
"Since NOCIRC is no longer sponsoring NOCIRC Centers, Jen Williams has invited hosts of NOCIRC Centers to join her organization, Your Whole Baby, so folks can continue to have educational booths locally."
Since 1989, NOCIRC has sponsored and organized international symposia on circumcision, human rights, and genital integrity. The following list details the history of NOCIRC's symposia:
- First International Symposium on Circumcision: Anaheim, CA; March 1989.
- Second International Symposium on Circumcision: San Francisco, CA; April/May 1991.
- Third International Symposium on Circumcision: College Park, MD; May 1994.
- Fourth International Symposium on Sexual Mutilations: Lausanne, Switzerland; August 1996.
- Fifth International Symposium on Sexual Mutilations: Oxford, England; August 1998.
- Sixth International Symposium on Genital Integrity: Sydney, Australia; December 2000.
- Seventh International Symposium on Human Rights & Bodily Integrity: Washington, DC; April 2002.
- Eighth International Symposium on Circumcision & Human Rights: Padua, Italy; September 2004.
- Ninth International Symposium on Circumcision, Genital Integrity & Human Rights: Seattle, WA; August 2006.
- Tenth International Symposium on Circumcision, Genital Integrity & Human Rights: Keele, England; September 2008.
- Eleventh International Symposium on Circumcision, Genital Integrity & Human Rights: Berkeley, CA; July 2010.
- Twelfth International Symposium on Law, Genital Autonomy & Children's Rights: Helsinki, Finland; September/October 2012.
- Thirteenth International Symposium on Genital Autonomy and Children's Rights: Boulder, CO; July 2014.
- Fourteenth International Symposium on Genital Autonomy and Children's Rights: Keele, England; September 2016.
- Fifteenth International Symposium on Genital Autonomy and Children's Rights: San Francisco, CA; May 2018.
Genital Autonomy America merged with Intact America on 1 July 2021. Intact America is the surviving organization.
- Official website. Retrieved 8 October 2019.
- ↑ Milos MF, Macris D. Circumcision: a medical or a human rights issue. J Nurse Midwifery. 1992; 37(2 Suppl.): 87S-96S. Retrieved 15 February 2022.
About NOCIRC. Retrieved 15 February 2022.
NOCIRC Homepage. Retrieved 15 February 2022.