Tim Hammond (born 18 December 1956 as Tim Sally) is an US intactivist.
- 1989: Hammond founded with R. Wayne Griffiths the National Organization of Restoring Men, NORM.
- 1992: Tim founded NOHARMM (National Organization to Halt the Abuse and Routine Mutilation of Males), as an organization dedicated to stopping routine infant circumcisions through activism and protest.
- 1993: Tim is the founder of the Global Survey of Circumcision Harm, originally published in BJU International in 1993, and re-launched in its current online version in 2011.
- 1999: He presented A Preliminary Poll of Men Circumcised in Infancy or Childhood. (See Publications.)
- 2012: He was a co-founder of the Children’s Health & Human Rights Partnership (Canada).
- 2016: Tim convened the formation and first meetings of the International NGO Council on Genital Autonomy and oversaw the authorship of the organization's Core Report before leaving to focus on other projects.
Tim was executive director of the film "Whose bodies, whose rights?".
Tim is the founder and president of Genital Autonomy Legal Defense and Education Fund.
Award for intactivism
In 2021 he was named Honorary Member of the Brussels Collaboration on Bodily Integrity.
- Hammond T. A Preliminary Poll of Men Circumcised in Infancy or Childhood. BJU Int. January 1999; 83 Suppl 1: 85-92. PMID. DOI. Retrieved 7 September 2020.
- Hammond T:
Long Term Consequences of Neonatal Circumcision: A Preliminary Poll of Circumcised Males, in: Sexual Mutilations: A Human Tragedy. Denniston GC, Milos MF (eds.). Plenum Publishing. Pp. 125-9. Retrieved 27 July 2022.
- Hammond T, Carmack A. Long-term adverse outcomes from neonatal circumcision reported in a survey of 1,008 men: An overview of health and human rights implications. Int J Human Rights. 17 February 2017; 21(2): 189–218. DOI. Retrieved 27 July 2022.
- Hammond T. Deficiencies and biases in professional understanding of the effects of childhood male genital cutting: comments on “Psychological, psychosocial and psychosexual aspects of penile circumcision” by Marcus C. Tye and Lauren Sardi. Int J Impot Res. 25 April 2022; PMID. DOI. Retrieved 30 April 2023.
- Hammond T, Sardi LM, Jellison WA, McAllister R, Snyder B, Fahmy MAB. Foreskin restorers: insights into motivations, successes, challenges, and experiences with medical and mental health professionals - An abridged summary of key findings. Int J Impot Res. 30 March 2023; PMID. DOI. Retrieved 2 April 2023.
- 1. Facebook profile. Retrieved 15 September 2019.
- 2. Facebook profile. Retrieved 15 September 2019.
Tim Hammond's CV. Retrieved 27 July 2022.
A Preliminary Poll of Men Circumcised in Infancy or Childhood. Retrieved 27 July 2022.
Long Term Consequences of Neonatal Circumcision: A Preliminary Poll of Circumcised Males. Retrieved 27 July 2022.