|Stephen H. Lewis (1995-1999)|
|Rao Gupta (2011)|
|World Health Organization|
Children & AIDS brochure
|“||Young people everywhere need accurate and relevant information about sexual and reproductive health and HIV transmission, as well as opportunities to build risk-reduction skills. They also need access to appropriate HIV prevention services, including voluntary counseling and testing, harm reduction, sexual and reproductive health services, PMTCT and male circumcision, and to commodities including condoms. (UNICEF)|
UNAIDS is working with the Swaziland Ministry of Health to introduce and scale up neonatal circumcision.
Point of Interest: In recent studies, HIV transmission was found to be more prevalent in circumcised males in Swaziland. The drive to circumcise the majority of Swazi men continues none the less.
HIV/AIDS, Doctors Opposing Circumcision. Retrieved 16 July 2020.
Eastern and Southern Africa: Medical male circumcision, UNICEF. Retrieved 29 April 2011.
[...] the Government and UNICEF are working together to introduce infant male circumcision [...]
- Key Messages of Chapter 3. Children and AIDS. pg.15 (2008)
- Mazzotta, Meredith (4 March 2011)."Swaziland embarks on ambitious plan to circumcise 80 percent of men 18 to 49 this year", Science Speaks: HIV & TB News. Retrieved 6 May 2011. "The Ministry of Health, supported principally by UNICEF and PEPFAR, is currently working to introduce and scale up neonatal circumcision."
- (2008): Swaziland Demographic and Health Survey 2006-07, in: Mbabane, Swaziland: Central Statistical Office and Macro International Inc.. Retrieved 6 May 2011. Quote:
As Table 14.10 shows, the relationship between HIV prevalence and circumcision status is not in the expected direction. Circumcised men have a slightly higher HIV infection rate than men who are not circumcised (22 percent compared with 20 percent)
- Fielding, James (16 February 2018)."Top UNICEF children's rights campaigner - who led UK's anti-smacking campaign - is jailed for rape of boy, 13, in latest charity sex scandal", Mailonline. Retrieved 26 May 2020.
- Simpson, John (17 February 2018)."Paedophile Peter Newell had key role at child charity", The Times. Retrieved 26 May 2020.